We continue to see the world the way we are. How else do we explain our inability to see the best in others and share it to bring out the best in everyone? Lucky are the few who can do that today. For the rest of us, here is something to ponder on…
Here is another simple exercise that I encourage you to try. If you are primarily right handed, use your left hand (or vice-versa). If you are ambidextrous, use your foot. Try writing from A through Z and 0 through 9 using both hands. See the difference? Now tell me how long have you been writing – since you were 4? 5? or even 10 years old. Plenty years of experience right? So why do you have so much difference - after all, except for your hand, everything else is the same – same brains, same heart, same eyes, same paper and the same pen.
You can now start the plethora of excuses or you can just sit back and open your mind for a few minutes.
So now, let’s come back to the sloppy and shoddy part of the world. The idiot who was slow at the traffic signal, the stupid kid next door who makes a dime all day, your avoidable neighbor who troubles you with all stupid questions, the inefficient supermarket clerk at the counter who delays your exit by 10 minutes, maybe your dumb sibling who really isn’t so gifted. It really doesn’t take long.
Now, for those of us who think we are oozing with brilliance – Did you ever wonder that there could always be someone who is much better than you, at your own game?
And the same sloppy and shoddy lot - perhaps there would be at least one thing that they can do better than you.
Case in point, my friends – It’s a big world – it needs everyone.
If it wasn’t for them, you would be bogged down with things that you cannot do ever so effectively. So much that you would sooner or later become one of them. I am not asking you to accept inefficiency. All I am asking you is to be considerate towards others. All sciences say have the right man and the right machine at the right job. Truth is there just aren’t enough right men at the right jobs – Want to think again? Right jobs for the right men!
If you think you are amongst the 5% most brilliant people earning for the other 95% in this country, in this world -Remember, you are the exception. Not them!
It’s just a perspective – try it the next time and let me know. I would love to hear from you!