The best way to protect your notebook from getting lost or stolen is to treat it like cash in your wallet. Don’t ever leave your notebook unattended and you will never lose it.
Practically, it is not possible to carry your laptop everywhere you go.
For instance when you are in a conference, you won’t like to carry the computer to the restroom or to the nearby coffee vending machine but that time maybe more than sufficient for a thief to walk away with your expensive notebook.
So the next best option to ensure that your laptop and its extremely important data doesn’t disappear is to either tie the notebook with cables to the corner of your table or download Laptop Alarm.
Laptop Alarm is a free software which comes with an anti-theft alarm that rings out of your laptop speaker, when someone tries to do any of the below mention things on your notebook.
- Unplug the externally attached mouse to your laptop
- Removes the charging AC power cord
- Logoff the laptop
- Attempts to shutdown your notebook.
But please note that Laptop Alarm does not work if thief is clever enough to turn off the laptop by pressing the power button. If you think this is good enough a reason not to download Laptop alarm, then get into the habit of asking your colleagues to keep an eye on your notebook whenever your away from your desk.
- A Layman’s Guide To Podcasting
- Know How Adeona Helps You Find Your Lost Notebook
- HP Achieves A Significant Milestone In Mobile Computing
- Make Your Cell Phone Your ATM
- How To Share Your PC Photos, Video And Music Content To A PS3, XBOX, Wii, Streamium, iPhone Etc.