If you are new to blogging or if you are an avid blogger, a good blog editor will always come handy.
I have been blogging for a while now and have used variety of tools to blog. While the editors provided by most of the blog portals like Blogspot, WordPress are adequate, they sometimes fall short or make job of blogging a bit tedious. There are variety of tools out there along with plug-in to browsers which help you do this.
Today, I want to introduce you to “Windows Live Writer” and thankfully it is not Beta. I have been using it since it was in Beta and I am more than impressed with its ability.
- Out of the box integration with popular blogging portal: WordPress, Blogger, Live Spaces, Live Journal, Typepad
- WYSWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, creates posts exactly the way you see in the editor
- Excellent Object Insert feature, provides total control on Images, Videos, tables etc that are inserted into the posts.
- Image Management, enables provides good effects and way to insert images into the posts
- Additional Information such as Tags, Excerpts and other additional features supported by the Blog provider.
- Publishing is a breeze.
- Wide array of plug-in to choose from, which enhance the tool.
- HTML Editing, to fine tune the post
- Spell Checker
Apart from the above features there are few other nifty tools, which make the overall experience of using the tool enjoyable. I only wish it could enable filling all additional data from WordPress plug-ins installed on any site.
But other than that it is fantastic. I have written this post using Windows Live Writer.
I strongly recommend you all to give it a try. Get it from http://home.live.com
- Windows 7, Will It Salvage Microsoft’s Reputation?
- Windows Live Services, What Are They?
- Get Those Folders Synced Between Your PCs and MACs, Get Windows Live Sync!
- 25GB Online Storage, Web Based Access, Welcome to Windows Live Sky Drive
- Windows Live Photo Gallery, Can It Match Picasa?